On Monday, January 17th, AGE+ will join the nation in celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day by honoring the legacy and life of Dr. King.
The long term impacts of systemic racism and inequality, particularly in the daily lives of Black adults and those in communities of color, is an important, ongoing conversation in which all Oregonians need to participate.
We hope you join us Monday and every day in our deep commitment to apply equity, inclusion and, above all, compassion into our actions and activities.
Here are a few ways you can join AGE+ in educating yourself:
- Explore this list of movies, television shows and books on systemic racism.
- Explore these virtual exhibitions of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History & Culture.
- Explore the special podcast series, “Remembering Martin Luther King Jr.,” from NPR.
- Join The Skanner Foundation’s virtual 36th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast on Monday, January 17th at 9:00am PT. Click here for more.
- Take part in the 2022 Portland MLK Racial Justice Campus Collaborative virtual event, “Defining Abolition: Black People Liberate Themselves,” on Saturday, January 22nd from 10:00am-3:30pm PT. Click here to register.